Tuesday, April 29, 2008

My New Place

Ok, I haven’t been around for a while. I have been busy with a little home improvement project. I scored a sweet deal on a new dog house. Snoopy’s venerable red dog house was repossessed when he started missing payments on his home equity line of credit. I picked it up for a pittance. I have since totally redone the bedroom. The uplighting really contributes to the mood when I have bitches over and the canopy bed is always a hit with the ladies.
The game room is just your basic man cave, big TV, wet bar and pool table. I didn’t do much to it, although I have been thinking about redoing the walls with dark oak paneling.
I redid the kitchen and added all stainless appliances, granite counter tops and some lighting to make the kitchen seem more modern and friendly. Snoopy’s tastes were very retro 1970s, but not in an Austin Powers cool sort of way. He still had linoleum on the floors which I replaced with hardwoods to match the rest of the main level.
The pool is the last place I need to redo. I haven’t really figured out what I want to do with the space. It all looks like the inside of a sauna and I really want something a bit more upbeat. I was thinking of putting in a grotto with a waterfall?
What do you guys think of my place?

No comments: